KNIFE GATE VALVE SUPPLIER IN DUBAI
Middleeast valve is the leading Knife Gate valve supplier in Dubai. We supply industrial valves in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Alexandria, Jeddah, Amman, İzmir, Tel Aviv, Mosul, Abu Dhabi, Damascus, Doha, Tabriz, Mecca, Shiraz, Muscat, Najaf, and Aleppo. Knife gate valves are primarily intended for on-off and isolation services in systems with a high suspended solids content. Knife gate valves are particularly useful for handling slurry, as well as viscous, corrosive, and abrasive media. The valves are inexpensive, easy to use, light in weight, and have a low pressure drop in the completely open position.
Uses of knife gate valve:
- Knife gate valves are made to work in the harshest environments, with a sharpened blade to cut through heavy liquids.
- They are particularly useful in wastewater applications where corrosion is a major concern. So, in addition to the valve design optimised for slurry media, it is advantageous to have a knife made of acid-proof stainless steel because it is less susceptible to corrosion damage and thus requires less frequent maintenance or even replacement.
- Knife gate valves should be used only for applications that require a completely open or completely closed position and should not be used to regulate flow unless they are specifically designed for it.
Types of Knife Gate Valve:
- Through conduit knife gate valve
- Hopper shape knife gate valve
- Rising stem knife gate valve
- Non-Rising stem knife gate valve
Industries which use Knife Gate valve:
- Sewage treatment plants
- Chemical & raw material industries
- Mining Industry
Advantages of Knife Gate valve:
- These valves are extremely adaptable.
- They are long-lasting.
- They have got a low-pressure drop.
- They are not too heavy.
- They have no fluid leakage.
Disadvantages of Knife Gate Valve:
- These valves are not as easy to close as ball or globe valves.
- They are not appropriate for throttling fluid flow
- Available materials: WCB, WC6, WCC, LCB, LCC, Cast iron, Ductile Iron, SS316, SS304
- Size: 2″ to 80″
- Class: 150 to 600
- Nominal Pressure: PN6 to PN100
- Operation: Handwheel, Electric and Pneumatic Actuated, Gear operated
- Ends: Wafer, Lug, Flanged