Pneumatic Actuated Flanged Butterfly Valve
A butterfly valve is a quarter-turn rotary valve that is used to control the flow of liquids and gases. It consists of a circular disc that is mounted on a shaft that passes through the center of the valve body. The disc rotates on an axis to open or close the flow through the valve. The valve is called a butterfly valve because the disc is shaped like a butterfly and rotates like the wings of a butterfly. A pneumatic actuated flanged butterfly valve is a type of valve that uses compressed air to open and close the valve. The disc is mounted on a shaft that is connected to a pneumatic actuator, which uses compressed air to rotate the disc. The valve has flanges on either side that are used to connect it to the pipe or ductwork in a fluid handling system. Pneumatic actuated butterfly valves are typically used in industrial applications where remote control or automation of the valve is desired.
- Valve Body
- Pneumatic Actuator
- Limit Switches
- Pilot Valve
- Pneumatic actuation allows for the valve to be controlled remotely, which is useful in situations where manual operation is difficult or dangerous.
- These valves have a high flow capacity, making them suitable for use in large-scale industrial applications.
- These valves create a low pressure drop across the valve, which can help reduce energy costs in a fluid handling system.
- These valves are relatively easy to maintain and repair, which can help reduce downtime and costs.
- Pneumatic actuated butterfly valves have a compact design, making them a good choice for applications where space is limited.
- These valves are generally less expensive than other types of valves, such as globe valves or ball valves.
- They are made of durable materials and have a simple design, which makes them resistant to wear and tear, and easy to replace.
- Pneumatic actuated butterfly valves can be used in a wide range of applications and industries, such as chemical, oil and gas, mining, water treatment
Industry which uses them
- Oil and Gas industry
- Chemical Industry
- Power Generation Plants
- Water Treatment Plants
- Mining Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Marine Industry
- Pulp and Paper Industry
- Pneumatic actuated butterfly valves are commonly used to control the flow of liquids and gases in pipelines, ducts, and tanks.
- Pneumatic actuated butterfly valves can be used as shut-off valves in emergency situations, such as in case of a leak or other problem.
- They can be used to regulate the flow of fluids in a system, such as in HVAC systems or water treatment plants.
- They valves can be used to mix or divert different fluids in a system, such as in chemical processing plants.
- These valves are used as a bypass valve to redirect flow around an obstruction or to take a process offline for maintenance.
- Can be used for throttling, which is the process of adjusting the flow of a fluid to a specific rate.
- They can be used to control the pressure of fluids in a system, such as in power generation facilities.
- Are used to take samples of fluids in a system, such as in chemical processing plants or water treatment facilities.